TN Handgun Permit Class
December 22 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$55.00
So you want to get your permit? You’re in the right place! This is the eight-hour safety course required by the State of Tennessee to obtain a handgun carry permit (HCP). Tennessee does not require a permit to merely own a firearm (for example, if you keep one in your home). However, if you want to carry a firearm on your person out in public, you’ll need a permit. There are lots of people advertising permit classes nowadays. Before you sign up for the cheapest, closest, or shortest course you can find, please consider what makes CSA unique.
Some of the best features of our HCP class include:
- Uncompromising adherence to safety protocols
- Small classes with low student-teacher ratios
- Patient instructors who can relate to new and non-traditional shooters
- Attention to detail and individualized instruction
- A non-intimidating atmosphere
- No political advocacy or divisive, polarizing rhetoric
- Extra attention to fundamentals and practical application
- Primary focus on self-defense contexts (as opposed to hunting, sporting, or competition)
- Ultimate respect for students’ time, priorities, and motivations
The decision to carry a firearm for protection is an important one. We understand that this will be many people’s very first firearms training class, so we go out of our way to make it a positive experience. We also want our HCP class to be the safest one in the state. Our students have these and many other qualities to look forward to when they register for HCP training with CSA. Please visit our HCP Class webpage for more details about what to do before class, what to expect in class, and what to do after class.