After the Permit (ATP): Level 1
April 6 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$55.00
The Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit Class is very basic. Its purpose is to teach Tennessee handgun laws and ways to safely load, unload, and store a handgun. It wasn’t created to teach you how to carry a handgun in public or use one to defend yourself from violent attack. Defending yourself with a handgun demands a level of skill. Developing the required skill takes more than one class, it is a process that involves time, instruction, and structured practice.
For those who want to gain confidence and competence with their handgun we have the “After the Permit” series of courses, ATP-1 and ATP-2.
ATP-1 is a (roughly) 4-hour course that continues where the TN Handgun Permit class ends. Topics include:
- A review of the rules of safe gun handling and how to apply them
- A review of the shooting fundamentals with an emphasis on defensive application
- Safe loading, unloading and storage of handguns
- How to handle and operate a handgun in a comfortable and robust manner
- How to select the right gear for training and carrying
- An introduction to accuracy standards
- Introduction to defensive and preparatory mindset
- Proper “ready positions” and safe gun-handling
- Reliable handgun
- 100 rounds of quality practice ammo
- Eye and ear protection
Completion of ATP-1 will prepare you for success in ATP-2, where we introduce students to holster work and other defensive handgun techniques and applications.