After the Permit (ATP): Level 2
April 18 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$60.00
So you’ve got your Tennessee Enhanced Carry Permit or Concealed Carry Permit. Excellent! Now what? Handgun permit training is a great start, but it’s very basic, focusing mostly on relevant statutes and safe handgun operation. It wasn’t created to teach you how to carry a handgun in public or use one to defend yourself from violent attack. Those skills can only come with time, instruction, and structured practice over more than one class. That’s why we developed the “After the Permit” series of courses, ATP-1 and ATP-2.
Topics covered in ATP-2 include:
- A review of the rules of safe gun handling
- A shooting fundamentals check
- Developing the fighting mindset
- The proper placement of on-body equipment for concealed carry
- Emergency reloading
- Malfunction clearing
- Tactical anatomy and effective shot placement
- How to properly access and draw a pistol from a holster
- Continued application of defensive accuracy standards
- Post-incident police contact
ATP-2 will prepare you for success in Defensive Pistol and similar intermediate-level courses, where we revisit all the isolated technical skills from previous classes and introduce real-world contextual applications and environmental factors (adapting to one’s surroundings).
Please bring the following items to class with you:
- Reliable defensive handgun
- Quality holster designed for the model handgun you have
- Belt designed to support a handgun
- 150 rounds of quality practice ammo
- Eye and ear protection
- Note-taking materials
- Anything you need to stay comfortable in the elements (we use an outdoor shooting range)
If you need equipment recommendations for this class, please contact us.