Citizens Defensive Pistol
July 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$75.00
The Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit Class is very basic. Its purpose is to teach Tennessee handgun laws and ways to safely load, unload, and store a handgun. It wasn’t created to teach you how to carry a handgun in public or use one to defend yourself from violent attack.
The goal of Citizens Defensive Pistol is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
Designed for the average, everyday civilian, the goal of Citizens Defensive Pistol is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset and competence necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. Topics include:
- Mental awareness and techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations
- Developing a defensive mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection
- The importance of carrying and using a pistol responsibly and ethically for personal protection
- How the rules for safe gun-handling apply to concealed carry
- Concealing a pistol properly and clothing considerations
- Improving your shooting skills for defensive use
- Quickly presenting a pistol during an attack (and safely concealing it again)
- Using your pistol sights for fast and effective results
- Fixing pistol malfunctions and reloading under stress
- Cover and concealment
- Moving off the line of attack
- Psychological and physiological changes you may experience during an attack, and how to deal with them
Students who complete the course will receive a certificate as proof of their training experience. Citizens Defensive Pistol also satisfies the learning objectives and qualifications for completion of the NRA Defensive Pistol course.
Class prerequisites: Completion of a state Handgun Carry Permit class or the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting class. If those are the only handgun classes you’ve taken, please consider taking our After The Permit 1, and After The Permit 2 or our NRA CCW classes before this one.
What you need to take the course:
- Quality pistol recommend minimum of 9mm or .38 Special
- Quality strong side hip holster – recommend form fitted leather or kydex, must cover trigger/trigger guard
- Quality Belt, designed to carry a holster and a firearm strongly recommended
- 200 rounds of quality factory ammunition suitable for practice.
- Spare magazines or speed loaders with appropriate pouches – two spares recommended.
- Clothing appropriate for concealed carry
- Eye protection and hearing protection (recommend electronic)
If you need help putting the above items together please contact us before the class.