- This event has passed.
Citizens Defensive Pistol
May 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$75.00
The Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit Class is very basic. Its purpose is to teach Tennessee handgun laws and ways to safely load, unload, and store a handgun. It wasn’t created to teach you how to carry a handgun in public or use one to defend yourself from violent attack.
The goal of Citizens Defensive Pistol is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
Designed for the average, everyday civilian, the goal of Citizens Defensive Pistol is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. Topics include:
- Mental awareness and techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations
- Developing a defensive mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection
- The importance of carrying and using a pistol responsibly and ethically for personal protection
- How the rules for safe gun-handling apply to concealed carry
- Concealing a pistol properly and clothing considerations
- Improving your shooting skills
- Quickly presenting a pistol during an attack (and safely concealing it again)
- Using your pistol sights for fast and effective results
- Fixing the pistol if it malfunctions during an attack
- Cover and concealment
- Psychological and physiological changes you may experience during an attack, and how to deal with them
Students who complete both parts will receive a certificate as proof of their training experience. Citizens Defensive Pistol also satisfies the learning objectives and qualifications for completion of the NRA Defensive Pistol course.
Don’t have a gun or gear? Don’t worry, let us know, we have loaners to help you decide what’s best for you.