Citizens Pro-Social Pistol Skills (Slidell, LA)
January 28, 2024 @ 8:00 am - January 29, 2024 @ 6:00 pm CST$395.00
This is an intensive TWO day course that covers the essential skills needed to successfully defend yourself with a pistol.
CSA Protective Pistol AKA Pro-Social Pistol is an intensive TWO day course that covers the essential skills needed to successfully defend against a deadly criminal attack, within the rule of law. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off-duty police officer. The goal is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to dominate and end an inescapable deadly assault, and then successfully defend those actions in court.
- Mental awareness and techniques for gaining advantage in life-threatening confrontations
- Proper defensive mindset and personal tactics
- Concealing a pistol properly and clothing considerations
- Effective gun handling techniques designed to work under stress
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry during an attack (and safely concealing it)
- High speed accuracy at close ranges and precision shooting at mid ranges
- Rapidly and reliably fixing pistol malfunctions and reloading techniques
- Shooting effectively with one hand
- Shooting effectively with a cognitive load
- Tactical anatomy
- Proper skill development practices
Class prerequisites: Completion of a state handgun carry permit class or other comparative pistol shooting class. You should also have some experience safely handling, drawing and holstering a pistol. If you have questions about suitability of the course, please email us at info@CitizensSafety.com or text us at 615-801-8007.
Students who complete the course will receive a completion certificate.
What you will need to take the course:
- A quality pistol recommend minimum of 9mm or .38 Special. We recommend full or compact sized guns for this class. Sub-compact guns are much harder to shoot all day. A second gun like the first one is a good idea in case the first one breaks.
- A quality strong side hip or appendix holster – either form fitted leather or kydex, the holster must completely cover the trigger guard, allow a full firing grip with the gun in the holster and remain open while the gun is drawn. PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters.
- A quality belt, purposely designed to securely attach the holster to the belt and support the weight of a fully loaded pistol.
- About 550-600 rounds of quality training ammunition. If you can bring more do so
- AT LEAST 3 magazines or speed loaders with appropriate belt pouches for the spare magazines. The more magazines you bring, the better.
- Clothing appropriate for concealing a firearm (vest, jacket, windbreaker, over-shirt, polo shirt, etc.). Holsters must be worn concealed.
- Eye protection and hearing protection (we recommend electronic) and we recommend a ball cap or brimmed hat to keep brass from going behind your eye protection.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Rain gear (we train rain or shine), bug repellant, and sun screen if necessary.
- A cooler with soft drinks, water, snacks and lunch will be needed, for lunch on site. We will not be leaving the range for lunch.
You can bring a revolver to this course, but we strongly recommend against it as they tend not to last a full day of intensive shooting.
If you need help putting the above items together please contact us before the class. Info@CitizensSafety.com.
Aqil Qadir will be your lead instructor assisted by other CSA instructors.
Generally, refunds aren’t issued, so please be sure you can make the date before purchase.