Private Instructor Certification Course (Georgia)
March 5 @ 8:00 am - March 7 @ 6:00 pmPaid by Contract
This is a private instructor development course, custom designed for a private organization. Admission is strictly limited to pre-approved instructor candidates.
Citizens Safety Academy has designed this custom course for the National African American Gun Association pursuant to a private contract. Enrollment is closed to the general public. Those who were pre-selected by the NAAGA leadership to attend this course will be provided with an access code to reveal the registration form. All other details of the course will be sent directly to the registrants by email. We look forward to training with you!
Instructor candidates will need a quality defensive handgun (not a competition gun or a hunting gun). Concealed defensive holsters are welcome (if you are legally permitted to carry concealed), but we will not be using holsters for the range portion of the class. Expect to use no more than 300 rounds of ammunition over the course of the weekend. Defensive calibers (at least 9mm) are required for all qualification drills. Candidates will need:
- An open mind and willingness to learn
- Reliable handgun in a service caliber, .38 sp/9mm or larger. (You can bring a .22 caliber pistol for the drills in the basic class to save money, but the qualification courses must be shot using service caliber ammunition).
- 200 rounds of ammo in a service caliber for the instructor course
- Another 100 rounds for the basic class (for a total of 300, see above)
- Eye and hearing protection (preferably electronic hearing protection)
- Notebook and pens or an electronic device (laptop/pad) for note taking
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for shooting (indoor ranges can be cold), brimmed hat/cap, trimmed fingernails. No high-heeled or open-toed shoes or low cut blouses.
A more detailed equipment list will be emailed to all instructor candidates prior to the course.
Please note that this course was scheduled for a private group of pre-approved enrollees vetted by our local hosts, the National African American Gun Association. Registration is by invitation only. If you are interested in this course but are not a part of the designated group, please contact NAAGA to inquire about possibly being admitted. Thanks!
Class will run from 8am to 6pm all three days. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early on Friday to complete waivers and other paperwork. We will start promptly at 8am every day, and all candidates must attend the entire class to be eligible for certification. Please do not be late, and please do not ask to leave early.