- This event has passed.
Holster Clinic: A Girl and A Gun National Conference
April 11 - April 14$400.00
The National Conference of A Girl and A Gun Women’s Shooting League is now entering its seventh year. The conference takes place in April in beautiful Texas hill country, about an hour outside of Austin. This year, CSA instructors Aqil Qadir and Tiffany Johnson will be teaching five different three-hour blocks on presenting a handgun from the holster. Tiffany will also offer CSA’s Assistant Instructor training block to AG & AG’s leadership team.
Accessing Options: Defensive Holster Clinic
- What: Three-hour live-fire defensive holster clinic presented at the National A Girl and A Gun Conference
- Who: Tiffany Johnson and Aqil Qadir of Citizens Safety Academy
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, TX
- When: April 11-14, 2019 (repeat course offerings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
In the defensive training world, firearms are known as the great equalizers. They help level the playing field by offering defensive options to those who might otherwise be vulnerable. This is especially true for women, since they are disproportionately targeted by criminals who often outweigh them or outnumber them. But your handgun is useless if you can’t access it fast enough when you really need it. That’s why it’s so important to learn, understand, and practice effective techniques for using a holster properly. Holster work is often neglected in firearms training, because everyone is anxious to get to the “fun part” – making loud noises and admiring our fancy marksmanship. But before you can find your front sight, you’ve got to get your gun! This session will teach the four-step method of handgun presentation from concealment, specifically for practical defensive contexts. We’ll do lots of reps, both dry and live, to habituate the steps required to access a holstered handgun reliably, efficiently, and safely. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of several different carry methods to help each attendee make informed decisions about how she can best incorporate concealed carry into her everyday routine.
The A Girl & A Gun National Conference brings together over 400 women and dozens of talented firearms instructors from across the country every year. The conference starts on Wednesday with a full day of informative seminars from renown speakers, followed by gear and safety checks and a vendor fair on Thursday. The conference culminates with three days of weekend live-fire training on pistol, rifle, and shotgun during which all the ladies in attendance rotate through a wide variety of morning and afternoon training blocks. Tiffany’s and Aqil’s holster clinic is just one of many training blocks available throughout the weekend, which are all included in the $400 registration fee.
Equipment needed for this clinic:
- Reliable defensive pistol
- 100 rounds of ammo
- Non-collapsing holster, worn on-body at waist level
- At least one spare magazine/speedloader
- Ability to carry the spare magazine/speedloader on-body (pouch, pocket, etc.)
- Concealment garment(s). If possible, bring a few different kinds – open front (vest, blazer, etc.) and closed-front (t-shirt, hoodie, etc.)
- Eye protection and ear protection