- This event has passed.
How To Shoot A Handgun
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CST$60.00
So you want to learn something about handguns? You’re in the right place! There are lots of people advertising handgun classes nowadays. Before you sign up for the cheapest, closest, or shortest course you can find, please consider what makes CSA unique.
- Uncompromising adherence to safety protocols
- Small classes with low student-teacher ratios
- Patient instructors who specialize teaching new and non-traditional shooters
- Attention to detail and individualized instruction
- A non-intimidating atmosphere
- No political advocacy or divisive, polarizing rhetoric
- Extra attention to fundamentals and practical application
- Ultimate respect for students’ time, priorities, and motivations
We understand that this will be many people’s very first firearms training class, so we go out of our way to make it a positive experience. We also want our classes to be the safest in the state. Our students have these and many other qualities to look forward to when they register for training with CSA.
How To Shoot A Handgun is a fun half-day course specially designed for people who have never handled a handgun before, or haven’t for a long period of time. Topics include:
- A review of the rules of safe gun handling and how to apply them
- The types and parts of a handgun and how they work
- The types of ammunition and how they work
- Safe loading, unloading and storage of handguns
- How to confidently handle and shoot a handgun in a comfortable, safe and robust manner
- Proper “ready positions” and safe gun-handling
There are no prerequisites to take this class. It is designed for people who have little or no experience with handguns, or want a refresher. Although it’s not a prerequisite to the TN Enhanced Permit course, this class will prepare you for the permit course if you decide to take it later.
You don’t need to bring anything to class except an open mind.
If you already have the items below you can bring them to class:
- Reliable handgun (if you don’t have one, don’t buy one, you can borrow one of ours)
- 50 rounds of quality practice ammo (we will provide this too for a fee)
- Eye and ear protection (we will provide if you don’t have you own yet)
- Anything you need to be comfortable in the elements (we use an outdoor shooting range)