NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting (Private)
February 10, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm CST$125.00
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course is intended for all individuals, regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. This is the traditional, instructor-led course where students will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end.
*Seats in this class are reserved for instructor candidates enrolled in our NRA Pistol Instructor course February 11, 2023. Once you register for the NRA Pistol Instructor Course we will send you the code to access tickets for this class. If you have any questions contact us at info@CitisensSafety.com .
Some of the topics in the course include:
- gun safety rules
- proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- ammunition knowledge and selection
- selecting and storing a pistol
- fundamentals of shooting
- pistol inspection and maintenance
Small classes ensure low student-to-instructor ratios for lots of individualized attention. The course concludes with a written test and a shooting qualification drill. Our patient instructors will be there to assist students every step of the way in a comfortable, non-intimidating environment.
For this class, you’ll need:
- A reliable handgun (semi-auto or revolver, 9mm or larger preferred, but any caliber accepted)
- Roughly 100 rounds of ammunition (we might not need that much, depending on the pace of the class).
- Eye and ear protection
- Proper attire, applicable medications, bug spray, snacks/water, and other items to stay comfortable in the elements while on the outdoor range
- Note-taking materials for the classroom
- Your NRA number (if you’re a member – though membership is not required)
- An open mind
- A positive attitude
We’ll send an email to all students within a week of class with more details on what to bring and what to expect.