NRA CCW Instructor Certification Course (Georgia)
March 8 @ 1:00 pm - March 9 @ 7:00 pm$350.00
The goal of the NRA CCW Instructor Certification Course is to equip firearms trainers with the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to teach others how to safely and responsibly carry a concealed pistol for personal protection. NRA CCW is a newly-developed curriculum that builds on the fundamentals taught in the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course and puts those skills into a defensive context for private citizens who carry concealed handguns. The CCW Instructor Certification Course is 16 hours in length (over two days), with a significant portion of the class spent on the range.
This course teaches firearms trainers how to deliver the NRA’s CCW lesson plans. The lesson plans include the following topics (which instructor candidates will learn to teach):
- Review from NRA Basic Pistol or TN Handgun Carry Permit class
- gun safety rules
- proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- ammunition knowledge and selection
- holster selection
- different carry modes
- drawing from a holster (open and concealed)
- defensive mindset
- defensive accuracy and flash sight picture
- emergency reloading
- malfunction clearances
- one-handed shooting
- shooting from moderate distances (10-15 yards)
- shooting with a timer
- and much more!
The course concludes with a written instructor candidate exam and a shooting qualification drill. Small classes ensure low student-to-instructor ratios for lots of individualized attention.
Instructor candidates will need:
- a quality defensive handgun
- a properly-fitted holster and belt
- at least two spare magazines or speed-loaders (and a method of carrying them on your person)
- roughly 150 rounds of ammunition
- a cover garment for concealment
- anything you need to keep yourself comfortable in the elements (we’ll spend several hours on an outdoor range)
Please note that this course was scheduled for a private group of pre-approved enrollees vetted by our local hosts, Defensive Specialties, LLC. Registration is by invitation only. If you are interested in this course but are not a part of the designated group, please contact Defensive Specialties (https://defensivespecialties.com/) to inquire about possibly being admitted. Thanks!
The NRA CCW Instructor Certification course is roughly 16 hours long, with a significant portion of the class spent on the range for live-fire drills. This sixteen-hour instructional time does NOT include Basic Instructor Training (BIT). Since all CCW instructor candidates are required to already be certified as NRA Basic Pistol instructors, we assume most candidates will have already met the BIT requirement.
After the Basic CCW class on Tuesday morning, the CCW Instructor class will be conducted on Tuesday afternoon/evening and all day Wednesday. Please be prepared for long days, as we are covering all the material in a condensed time frame. We are limiting the size of this class and limiting enrollment to vetted candidates only, so we should be able to move through the material without delay.
There are three mandatory prerequisites before instructor candidates are eligible to be certified as CCW instructors:
- You must already be an NRA-certified Basic Pistol instructor,
- You must be current on your Basic Instructor Training (BIT) credentials, and
- You must successfully complete the CCW student course (the course you’ll be certified to teach)
These prerequisites are non-negotiable, and there are no exceptions, regardless of your occupation, regardless of other certifications, and regardless of how much prior training and experience you’ve had. We are offering the Basic CCW class in conjunction with this class (please see our calendar to register). We will NOT be offering BIT, so all candidates must have completed BIT within the last two years. If you have questions about the prereqs, please send us an email.