NRA Refuse to Be a Victim Instructor Certification Course
January 23 @ 8:30 am - 6:00 pm$200.00
Refuse To Be A Victim® is the NRA’s award-winning personal safety and crime prevention program. This instructor development workshop will provide you with the training and credentials required to teach Refuse To Be A Victim® Seminars in your community. These popular seminars offer quick and easy ways for students to improve their personal safety strategies and lessen their chances of becoming easy victims of crime. These are non-shooting classes that are often taught to churches, schools, community centers, businesses, neighborhood watch groups, and others, either as private classes or by open enrollment.
The staff at Citizens Safety Academy is credentialed to teach the RTBAV instructor development workshop and certify others to teach this important seminar. Instructor candidates will first see an abbreviated demo of how the seminar is taught. Then, the instructor development portion of the course will include:
- NRA policies and procedures
- Instructor guidelines
- General adult learning theory and teaching strategies
- Program goals, philosophies, and administration
- Planning, promoting, conducting, and closing a seminar
- Completing and submitting a grant application
- Exploring the NRA Program Materials Center
- Developing a seminar promotion plan
- And much more
Becoming certified to teach RTBAV will enable you to truly give back to your community and do your part to help decrease crime. We hope to see you in class!