TN Armed Guard RENEWAL Course
July 21 @ 9:00 am - July 22 @ 1:00 pm$50.00
Are you an armed security guard and new to renew your license? We can help. Tennessee armed guard licenses must be renewed every 2 years. One requirement for renewal of an armed guard license is 4 hours of training. If that’s the training you’re looking for, you’re in the right place!
In Tennessee, all armed security guards must meet renew their licenses every 2 years. This 4-hour course satisfies the training requirement imposed by Tenn. Code Ann. § 62-35-110.
TN armed guard certification can be renewed up to 3 months after they’ve expired.
You will receive electronic proof of training from us.
Below are the eligibility requirements for an armed guard license (see Tenn. Code Ann § 62-35-117). Note that a security guard who holds an armed guard license may work either an armed post or an unarmed post (no need to separately obtain an unarmed guard license).
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien (green card holder)
- Must have never been declared by any court to be incompetent by reason of mental defect or disease (unless you’ve since been declared competent)
- If previously convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanor (involving violence, firearms, or theft), the applicant must have completed serving any sentence or probation at least five years prior to applying for the security guard license
- Must not be addicted to drugs or alcohol;
- Must not have any disability that prevents you for safely performing security duties; and
- Must be of good moral character
This class offers a total of 4-hours of instruction, including some dry fire and live fire training on the range. You’ll need:
- Approximately 100 rounds of ammunition (you can purchase that from us if necessary)
- A reliable defensive handgun (contact us if you have questions about what handguns are appropriate)
- A quality belt on pants/shorts with belt loops
- A quality belt-worn holster that does not collapse when the gun is drawn
- At least one spare magazine or speed-loader
- Eye and ear protection (if you don’t have we can provide them)
- Attire, outerwear, and shoes appropriate for outdoor shooting
- A positive attitude with safety in mind
- An open mind
If you need to purchase ammo from us please contact us in advance to let us know so we can make sure we’re sufficiently stocked.