- This event has passed.
Women’s Concealed Carry
August 18, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm$45.00
Women are the fastest growing demographic of new handgun carry permit holders in America. Unfortunately, most state-mandated permit classes do not include any instruction on how to present a handgun from a holster, let alone any tips from a female perspective. Our Women’s Concealed Carry class helps ladies identify and employ safe, reliable, and comfortable handgun carry methods that fit their lifestyles. In the classroom segment, we’ll explore different concealment options and discuss the practical strengths and weaknesses of each. In the live-fire segment, we’ll teach women how to present a concealed handgun on demand without sacrificing the marksmanship fundamentals they learned in their handgun carry permit class.
This class is restricted to ladies only. It’s a great curriculum for women who have been exposed to marksmanship fundamentals but have little or no practice with holster work. It’s also great for women who are largely self-taught and want a more formal template for practicing their handgun presentation from concealment. And if you do have experience drawing from a holster, this is still a perfect opportunity for you to get in lots of practice repetitions under the watchful eyes of several experienced instructors who can offer useful, individualized tips for improving your efficiency and consistency. We will teach all the same techniques that most competent concealed carriers use, but with a female lead instructor and special emphasis on factors women tend to prioritize (fellas, if you’re interested in class involving holster work, please consider our ATP-2 course). Topics covered in this course include:
- Safety, safety, safety
- The four-count draw stroke (presentation)
- Safe re-holstering
- Open carry versus concealed carry
- Closed-front and open-front concealment garments
- On-body carry (hip/appendix/ankle holsters, belly bands, compression undergarments, etc.) versus off-body carry (purses, briefcases, etc.)
- Holster selection (common options, samples, demos, and pros/cons of each)
- Holster fit and sizing
- Simple holster modifications to improve fit, speed, comfort, and security
- Carrying with restrictive or fitted clothing
- Securing firearms in non-permissive environments
- Practical considerations for ladies who carry
Students in this class will need:
- Reliable defensive handgun
- Approximately 50-75 rounds of ammunition (depends on the pace of the class)
- Sturdy gun belt (a belt designed specifically for supporting a handgun)
- Kydex or leather holster that does not collapse and is designed specifically for your make and model handgun (not a one-size-fits-many)
- Preferably at least two magazines (for semi-auto pistols)
If you’re interested in the class but don’t have a holster yet (or if you’d like to use another type of holster that isn’t listed here), please contact us to discuss. We look forward to training with you!
We appreciate you choosing to train with us. If you have any trouble with the embedded registration form below, please register directly on our Eventbrite page (click here). Alternatively, you can just give us a call at 615-801-8007, and we can take your payment over the phone. Thanks again!