- This event has passed.
USCCA: Women’s Handgun (Level 2)
October 22, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This ladies-only USCCA course teaches women the next steps for handgun safety and marksmanship in preparation for concealed carry. To learn more, check out the details in the sections below!
USCCA’s “Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals” (WHSDF) is a welcoming and engaging training guide created by a woman for women who are seeking to begin, improve upon, or add to their firearms skills. With three distinct modules (Women’s Basic Pistol, Women’s Intermediate Pistol, and Women’s Defensive Pistol), this course is designed to reach students who are brand new to firearms and those who are ready to learn more about defensive shooting.
Basics and fundamentals will be introduced, reviewed, and then built upon, while also exploring situational awareness, common types of handguns, ammunition types, malfunctions, firearms handling skills, defensive pistol fundamentals, and the use of deadly force. Whether you’ve never touched a firearm, you’re looking for the next steps in your training, or you’ve chosen to learn about the skills, tools, and mindset needed to use firearms for self-defense, you can be prepared to carry confidently every day with tips and techniques from experienced women in the world of firearms.
In this class, we’re offering the Intermediate module only. That’s “Level 2” of the three-part WHSDF curriculum. The intermediate module includes the following topics:
- Universal Safety Rules (review from Level 1)
- Handgun selection: pros and cons to different models
- Ammunition and ballistics
- Common malfunctions and clearance techniques
- Introduction to holsters and concealed carry
- Cooper’s Color Codes (different levels of awareness)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship (review from Level 1)
- Dry-fire exercises (review)
- Intermediate live-fire exercises, to include:
- Multiple shots
- Multiple targets
- One-handed shooting
- And lots more!
For the Intermediate module, please bring the following:
- Reliable defensive pistol (please contact us if you don’t have one)
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- At least one extra magazine (or speedloader, for the revolver shooters)
- Water, snacks, medication, and anything else to keep yourself comfortable
- Note-taking materials
- A positive attitude
- An open mind
- A great big smile
Holsters and concealment garments are NOT required for the intermediate module. Just bring your handgun enclosed in a gun case or range bag.
Are you a member of the A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League? We’re offering this course in conjunction with the local AG & AG chapter, and we’re offering a huge discount to AG & AG members. If you’re a member, please contact your local chapter facilitator and ask for the access code to reveal the discounted ticket price.