USCCA: Women’s Handgun (Level 3)
December 13 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$60.00
This ladies-only USCCA course teaches women the fundamentals of defensive shooting, concealed carry, and drawing from a holster. To learn more, check out the details in the sections below!
USCCA’s “Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals” is a welcoming and engaging training guide created by a woman for women who are seeking to begin, improve upon, or add to their firearms skills. The full curriculum has three distinct modules (Women’s Basic Pistol, Women’s Intermediate Pistol, and Women’s Defensive Pistol). It’s designed to reach students who are brand new to firearms and those who are ready to learn more about defensive shooting. This four-hour clinic is Level 3 only (Women’s Defensive Pistol). If you’re interested in Level 1 or Level 2, please check our calendar.
Our primary focus will be learning to safely draw from the holster and re-holster a handgun. We’ll run through those skills dry and live until everyone is safe and comfortable. All other topics will be covered as time permits, based on the pacing of the class.
- Universal Safety Rules (review from Levels 1 and 2)
- Defensive mindset
- Use of force principles
- Cover and concealment
- Voice commands
- Drawing from a holster
- Drawing from a bag
- Reloading (review from Level 2)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship (review from Levels 1 and 2)
- Defensive accuracy
- Dry-fire exercises (review)
- Defensive live-fire exercises, to include:
- Drawing from the holster
- Shooting from retention
- The side-step (getting “off the X”)
- Additional topics covered if time permits:
- Shooting from kneeling
- Introduction to shooting timers
- Acclimating to various environmental stimuli
- Emergency reloading
For the Defensive module, please bring the following:
- Reliable defensive pistol (please contact us if you don’t have one)
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- A quality defensive holster (holster must fully cover the trigger and must not collapse when the gun is removed)
- ALLOWED: Strong-side hip or appendix holsters only please (no small-of-the-back, ankle, off-body, etc.)
- NOT ALLOWED: Any holsters that require pushing a button to release the gun (Blackhawk Serpa models, etc.)
- A concealment garment (closed front like a t-shirt or pullover; or open-front like a blazer or cardigan; or both)
- At least one extra magazine (or speedloader, for the revolver shooters)
- A method of storing the extra magazine on your person (mag pouch, pocket, etc.)
- Water, snacks, medication, and anything else to keep yourself comfortable
- Note-taking materials
- A positive attitude
- An open mind
- A great big smile
If you have a concealed carry permit, feel free to come to class with your firearm in your holster. If not (or if you’re not comfortable carrying yet), just bring the firearm enclosed in a gun case or range bag. Thanks!
Are you a member of the A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League? We’re offering this course in conjunction with the local AG & AG chapter, and we’re offering a huge discount to AG & AG members. If you’re a member, please contact your local chapter facilitator and ask for the access code to reveal the discounted ticket price.
Want to Get a Head Start?
For those who like to prepare in advance, check out our online self-study course called Defensive Handgun Overview. It’s available on CSA’s Online Training Hub. The online class is not a mandatory prerequisite, but it’s a great supplement to Women’s Defensive Pistol for those who want a quick primer that they can breeze through from the comfort of their homes before attending the live-fire course.