USCCA: Women’s Handgun (Level 3)
November 17 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This ladies-only USCCA course teaches women the fundamentals of defensive shooting, concealed carry, and drawing from a holster. To learn more, check out the details in the sections below!
USCCA’s “Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals” is a welcoming and engaging training guide created by a woman for women who are seeking to begin, improve upon, or add to their firearms skills. With three distinct modules (Women’s Basic Pistol, Women’s Intermediate Pistol, and Women’s Defensive Pistol), this course is designed to reach students who are brand new to firearms and those who are ready to learn more about defensive shooting.
Basics and fundamentals will be introduced, reviewed, and then built upon, while also exploring situational awareness, common types of handguns, ammunition types, malfunctions, firearms handling skills, defensive pistol fundamentals, and the use of deadly force. Whether you’ve never touched a firearm, you’re looking for the next steps in your training, or you’ve chosen to learn about the skills, tools, and mindset needed to use firearms for self-defense, you can be prepared to carry confidently every day with tips and techniques from experienced women in the world of firearms.
In this class, we’re offering the Defensive module only. That’s “Level 3” of the three-part WHSDF curriculum. The defensive module includes the following topics:
- Universal Safety Rules (review from Levels 1 and 2)
- Defensive mindset
- Use of force principles
- Cover and concealment
- Voice commands
- Drawing from a holster
- Drawing from a bag
- Reloading (review from Level 2)
- Fundamentals of marksmanship (review from Levels 1 and 2)
- Defensive accuracy
- Dry-fire exercises (review)
- Defensive live-fire exercises, to include:
- Drawing from the holster
- Shooting from retention
- The side-step (getting “off the X”)
- Shooting from kneeling
- Introduction to shooting timers
- Acclimating to various environmental stimuli
- Emergency reloading (review)
- And lots more!
For the Defensive module, please bring the following:
- Reliable defensive pistol (please contact us if you don’t have one)
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- A quality defensive holster (holster must fully cover the trigger and must not collapse when the gun is removed)
- ALLOWED: Strong-side hip or appendix holsters only please (no small-of-the-back, ankle, etc.)
- NOT ALLOWED: Any holsters that require pushing a button to release the gun (Blackhawk Serpa models, etc.)
- A concealment garment (closed front like a t-shirt or pullover; or open-front like a blazer or cardigan; or both)
- At least one extra magazine (or speedloader, for the revolver shooters)
- A method of storing the extra magazine on your person (mag pouch, pocket, etc.)
- Water, snacks, medication, and anything else to keep yourself comfortable
- Note-taking materials
- A positive attitude
- An open mind
- A great big smile
If you have a concealed carry permit, feel free to come to class with your firearm in your holster. If not (or if you’re not comfortable carrying yet), just bring the firearm enclosed in a gun case or range bag. Thanks!
Are you a member of the A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League? We’re offering this course in conjunction with the local AG & AG chapter, and we’re offering a huge discount to AG & AG members. If you’re a member, please contact your local chapter facilitator and ask for the access code to reveal the discounted ticket price.