Pistol Essentials (Brian Hill)
May 8 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$175.00
CSA is excited to welcome Brian Hill of the Complete Combatant, who is traveling up from Georgia to offer his flagship course, Pistol Essentials. In this class, Brian refines the fundamentals of grip, trigger, sights, and follow-through with a series diagnostic drills focused on efficient presentation from the holster.
Pistol Essentials is The Complete Combatant’s one-day basic pistol class. FUNDAMENTALS are the key to everything! Pistol Essentials is designed to introduce you to defensive shooting and help improve your skills. In this class you will learn the importance of grip, sights, follow through and trigger through dry practice and live fire. We will introduce presenting form a holster and practice drawing during dry fire/ live fire. We will cover shooting from common positions seen in defensive shooting with a higher level of accuracy. Pistol Essentials will teach you how to practice, how to measure your skill, and how to TEST yourself.
The ability to present your firearm and make accurate hits sooner is the focus for this one-day class. The fundamentals of grip, trigger, sights, and follow through will be explored in a series diagnostic drills focused around the process of drawing the firearm efficiently. These drills will help create essential skills and solid fundamentals for the continued improvement of your shooting competency.
Pistol Essentials is an introduction to modern coaching methodology, application and structure of deliberate practice, and the use of diagnostic fundamentals.
Below are just a few samples of what this class can offer in addition to the fundamentals. Please make note that each class has its “own personality” so drills will vary.
- Dry Practice with inert plastic guns
- “Call” your shots
- “Watchful partner” drill
- Visiting accuracy accountability through “timed” standards
- Shooting from varying distances (up to 25 yards)
- STANDARDS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Much much more!
Prerequisite Skill Level:
- This class will require you to have safe gun handling skills
- You need to be able to follow directions from our coaches
- You need to have a basic understanding of your firearms and have used it during practice sessions
Brian Hill is the founder of the Complete Combatant, which focuses exclusively on training armed citizens to meet the challenges of defending themselves. Brian operates out of two locations: The Complete Combatant/Fusion Mixed Martial Arts is located in Kennesaw, GA; and he owns a private range in Dahlonega, GA. Brian offers force-on-force courses, mixed martial arts classes, proactive mindset lectures, and firearms training. He has been a full-time coach for 35 years and excels in helping people of all levels reach their goals by teaching them HOW to practice, HOW to measure their skills, and HOW to test themselves.
- Pistol w/holster that will not collapse when drawn (strong side, inside, outside waistband or appendix is fine).
- NO SERPA HOLSTERS or collapsible leather holsters
- Duty belt/rig is APPROVED
- Folding chair to use during opening statements, classroom portions and lunch.
- Please make note that the range MAY be muddy due to inclement weather and/or previous rain fall so keep that in mind when it comes to foot attire.
- Concealment garment required. Please make note that some students will be working from the “ready” position and some will be working from “the holster”.
- 300 rounds of factory loaded ammunition
- Magazine pouch (if none don’t worry pockets work well)
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- Extra magazines: Double Stack x 3 mags and Single stack x 4 or more mags
- Eye & ear protection (foam inserts or muffs – electronic muffs recommended)
- “Back up” gun if you got it. You never know when a failure will occur and screw up your whole training day
- Proper OUTDOOR weather attire
- Hat with bill…. this is WHY!
- Sunblock and bug spray (as needed)
- 1 Gallon of hydration and a sack lunch (30 minute lunch)
If the weather or driving conditions pose a threat to our students or our coaches then we will postpone class. If not, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.
If The Complete Combatant does not meet the required number of students within 7 days prior to class or we have to cancel for any reason then a FULL refund will be given to you or you may opt to attend a future class.
If you have to cancel for any reason up to 14 days prior to class then a FULL refund will be given to you. Anything UNDER 14 days then NO REFUND will be given, but you are invited to attend another class that The Complete Combatant offers within 6 months of the original class date. Please make note: if you have cancelled class twice then you will not be allowed to reschedule class a third time while “riding on” the original payment. You are most welcome on our range but you would need to register again at the regular class fee.
EXCEPTION TO THE RULE ABOVE: If we have a SOLD OUT class, I will stop marketing and close down registration for that specific class since it is full. If you cancel anytime AFTER I have done this (no matter the “timeline”) then you will NOT receive a refund because I have closed down all avenues of marketing. Please make note: if you have cancelled class twice, then you will not be allowed to transfer that registration fee a third time. You are most welcome in our classes, but you would need to register again at the regular class fee.