- This event has passed.
Gun Handling & Marksmanship Clinic
July 3 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$65.00
So you’ve got your Tennessee Enhanced Carry Permit or Concealed Carry Permit. Excellent! Now what? Handgun permit training is a great start, but it’s very basic, focusing mostly on relevant statutes and safe handgun operation. It wasn’t created to teach you how to carry a handgun in public or use one to defend yourself from violent attack. Defending yourself with a handgun demands a level of skill. Developing the required skill takes more than one class, it is a process that involves time, instruction, and structured practice.
For those who want to gain confidence and competence with their handgun we have the “After the Permit” series of clinics, Gun Handling & Marksmanship and Drawing From a Holster.
ATP-1 is a half-day course that continues where the TN Enhanced Handgun Permit class ends. Topics include:
- A review of the rules of safe gun handling and how to apply them
- A deep review of defensive shooting fundamentals
- Safe loading, unloading and storage of handguns
- How to handle and operate a handgun in a comfortable, safe and robust manner
- How to practice for skill development
- An introduction to accuracy standards
- Proper “ready positions” and safe gun-handling
Completion of Gun Handling & Marksmanship Clinic will prepare you for success in Drawing From a Holster Clinic, where we introduce students to holster work and other defensive handgun techniques and applications.
Although this course was designed for people who already have their handgun carry permit or are planning to obtain one soon, completion of the Enhanced Handgun Permit course is not a requirement to attend this class.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you to class:
- Reliable handgun (if you don’t have one you can borrow one of ours)
- 100 rounds of quality practice ammo
- Eye and ear protection (we can provide if you don’t have you own yet)
- Note-taking materials
- Anything you need to be comfortable in the elements (we use an outdoor shooting range)
A more comprehensive list will be sent upon registration. You can also purchase ammunition from us if necessary.
You will not need a holster for this class. Holster work is covered in Drawing From a Holster Clinic, the second level of our After the Permit series.